- About CAB
- Investor Relations
- Social Responsibility
- Online Banking
Since the year 2009 and when Cairo Amman Bank decided to hold Children Paintings Competition in its First Session, our main goal was to encourage the children of Jordan to experience the spirit of art competition, and to grant them the opportunity for an opened organized art work that does not impose conditions as to subject or material. And we believed that this competition will have its fundamental impacts on the child’s heart and memory and will open to him a new door to experience a taste of art and early involvement in creativity, receiving responses and enhancing incentives.
It is our pleasure at Cairo Amman Bank Gallery, as we begin preparations for the Eighth Session of this competition, for which “Special” attendance has been ascertained in our educational and formative arena, achieved high goals and has become the most important event awaited by Jordan children annually so as to participate and have their art work displayed.
In our name and on behalf of our partner in the competition Fabriano the international, the leading company specialized in the industry of painting art paper, we welcome our students sons/daughters for a broad participation, and we will keep our promise to provide all that is useful to support our children, “Future Gem” so that this competition remains as the Bank’s gift for children holding high educational values and having future artists feel the enjoyment of unlimited encouragement.
Contribution of Ministry of Education and the educational program at The United Nations Relief and Works for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) has an active and important role in the success and expansion of the circle of participation in the competition to achieve noble goals in creating art-loving generation through which we look ahead.
As long as arts through history were the carrier of the spirit of nations and the level of their progress and civilization, and since the old human who expressed what is hidden in his soul and fear of the affliction of nature by painting on the walls of the caves, and with a link to magic power, in which our fore grandfathers found it as the only way to explain the natural phenomena and to solve their puzzles and so far, after the transformation of art as means to understand the nature to a purely aesthetic value, was of a high position in the interest of the peoples, and it was dominant in the minds and hearts of the successive generations, and as art had this important position, special academies and colleges were established in the world to have it taught, so that it is now a multi-trends specialization and did not stop at the borders of visual arts, led by painting, but exceeded to decor, fashion design, designing and performing arts of dance, theatre and techniques associated with these specializations and attention had to be focused on the school curriculums, and preparing the new generations since the kindergarten and primary stages and implantation of concept of beauty and its enjoyment. So art purifies the soul and brings it up and contributes in addition to other sciences to building new human whom we aspire to be. Our Arab Nation with its current circumstances is in dire need of pushing the youths’ potentials and building a childhood away from the negative influences which our Arab human had suffered as a result of scourges, wars and setbacks.
Cairo Amman Bank is pleased to announce and in cooperation with Fabriano the Competition for Children’s Paintings – Eighth Session and to all students in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in accordance with the following terms and clauses:
First: Subjects of the competition:
1. The environment where the student lives.
2. Homeland and identity pride.
3. Daily lifestyle.
4. Jerusalem in the eyes of our children.
Second: Materials and raw materials:
1. Water, pencil and oil colors.
2. Graphic and poster art.
3. Various art raw materials.
Third: General Terms:
1. Students of age 5-16 are allowed to participate.
2. 50x70 cm is the maximum size of the participating art works. Works of carving and sculptures shall not be accepted.
3. Name, age, school and contact no. shall be clearly written on the back side of the work, and any of this information may not be written on the surface of the painting.
4. Rolled on works shall not be accepted.
5. Paintings shall be painted on Fabriano paper.
6. Works participating in the competition will not be recovered.
7. Last date for receiving art works is 15/4/2016 at the General Administrative Building - Cairo Amman Bank – Cairo Amman Bank Gallery – Wadi Sakra – Zara Building.
Posts in the competition may be handed over to any of Cairo Amman Bank branches widely spread in the Kingdom’s provinces.
Fourth: Participating Age Groups:
1. First Group : from 5 – 7 years
2. Second Group: from 8 – 10 years
3. Third Group : from 11 – 13 years
4. Fourth Group : from 14 – 16 years
For each age group there are five prizes so the number of the Cash Prizes for all groups becomes twenty prizes as follows:
1. First prize: Saving Account at a value of 500 Jordanian Dinars.
2. Second Prize: Saving Account at a value of 400 Jordanian Dinars.
3. Third prize: Saving Account at a value of 300 Jordanian Dinars.
4. Fourth and Fifth prizes: Saving Account at a value of 200 Jordanian Dinars.
5. A Special Prize offered by Fabriano and which is a scholarship at a value of One Thousand Dinars (1000 Dinar) to the winner who will be selected by Committee of Referees of the first five winners of all age groups.
6. A Special Prize offered by Fabriano to the distinguished teacher at a value of Three Hundred Dinars (300 Dinar).
7. A Certificate of Appreciation to the winners from the First – Fifth of each age group.
8. A Certificate of Appreciation to the students whose works are being displayed in the exhibition and they are eighty students.
9. A Certificate of Appreciation to the winning schools.
10. A Special Gift to the outstanding posts and they are 80 which is offered by Cairo Amman Bank and Fabriano.
Cairo Amman Bank as being the organizer of the competition will print a book including the winning art works and the outstanding art posts which are eighty, regardless of winning or not in the competition.
Cairo Amman Bank and Fabriano will be holding a special celebration to distribute the prizes at Cairo Amman Bank Gallery that will display the winning art works in addition to art posts.
Seventh: Committee of Referees
Committee of Referees is composed of five members of the specialized in child art and formative arts.